Whether you are a mum staying at home due to maternity leave, a graduate who does not have a stable job or a student who want to make some extra cash, regardless of the situation you too can make money online. You can choose to work form the comfort of your homes as compared to going to the office or any other working environment. This you can do even in your free time!
You may be wondering what are these ways to start making money online. Read on because I will be giving you my top 5 with some additional tips.
#1. Affiliate Marketing
Most companies outsource some level of their marketing strategy to affiliates who then take steps to market the products, services, or company as a whole. Being an affiliates marketer makes you an extension of the company’s marketing team. After successfully marketing the products online the company would then reward a certain percentage of commission for each product but by the customers or consumers who were brought by your own marketing efforts
- Decide on the type of online product you want to market. You should choose from the domain in which you are well conversant with. For example, if you are a musician you should go for a product related to music. There are lots of products available in every domain you just need to focus on the one that is suitable for you
- Choose a product that pays you at least 50% commission on each sale. Check out these websites to find products: clickbank.com, shareasale.com, jvzoo.com
- Get your custom affiliate link created by the vendor and start promoting it. Most product website handles affiliate link generation and payouts so you don’t need to worry about how you’ll get your commission.
- Try promoting your affiliate link on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Freelancing is a model that allows you to work on a project-by-project basis, without being permanently committed by a specific employer. You would have the benefit of being able to choose your clients as well as flexible working hours. The flexibility makes it a popular means to make money as a student or as an intentional way of life.
The skills that are popular with freelancing are:
- Website Design: You can design appealing and responsive websites for Clients online
- Graphics Design: You can design logos, brochures, business cards, etc.
- Social Media management: you can manage the social media profile/accounts for small businesses
- Blogging: you can write articles or blog posts for others.
Here are some of the popular freelancing website out there:
- Hubstaff Talent
#3. Start A YouTube Channel
If you are the type that loves to create videos, like to talk about a video, shoot documentaries or short film, why not use that to make money online? Starting a YouTube Channel is one the simplest way to make money online and it needs no investment.
But of course, you have to be able to create a video using software tools or record a video using your mobile phone or camcorder. The time required for starting a YouTube Channel is virtually within minutes. Just visit www.youtube.com, create a channel and upload the videos you’ve made
As you go about creating your YouTube Channel make sure it’s about a specific theme such as Recipe, Humor, Tutorial, etc. Being specific helps you stand out. Don’t just go out creating any random unrelated videos channel.
For example, if you are the type that loves gadgets, you can create a gadget reviews channel where you would post reviews of latest gadgets and help people to decide whether it’s a right choice for them.
Monetizing Your YouTube Channel
When it comes to monetizing your YouTube Channel the rule is pretty straightforward. Focus on getting more views. The more views you get, the more money you’ll earn. You’ll have to enable the monetize option in your YouTube Channel settings.
#4. Usability Testing
Another popular to make money online is to participate in usability testing. Usability testing is the process in which you need to test out apps, websites, and software, and share your feedback with the developers and help them in finding bugs, problems or improving the user experience
Most time when doing usability testing, you’re just trying to find out whether the website, app or software that you are testing is easy to understand, easy to learn, efficient and free form error.
What I love most about usability testing is that you don’t need any special knowledge, equipment or tools to get started. You can use the equipment you have such as your mobile phone or laptop to start the testing.
The following is a short list of websites that offers usability testing and rewards.
Note you will need to sign up and create an account with the usability testing sites and finish the testing jobs available to you. Most of the sites will pay you in direct cash deposits.
#5. Develop Mobile Apps
If you like mobile apps and mobile technology and perhaps knownledge of Android or iOS coding, you should definitely consider this. Although having knowledge of Android or iOS coding will give you an advantage but it’s not necessary.
Nowadays there are many online app maker tools available online which you can use to create professional level apps without coding.
Here’s a list of few popular app maker tools:
Monetizing Your Mobile App
- Start by uploading a free app on Android’s Play store and Apple’s App Store. Monetize it with AdMob, Google’s mobile advertising network
- Then upload a paid app, set some initial price for downloading the app.
- As more people download your app the more money you will make.
- Lastly, you can also promote affiliate products through your app and earn extra commissions
Recapping: Your desire to make money online can become a reality today if you would take the actions required on these top 5 ways I’ve shared with you.
If you enjoy reading this post, Like and Share with your friends!